Breast Implant Sizes: Choosing an Option That Is Right for You
Choosing the right implant size is an essential aspect of the breast augmentation process. Breast implant sizes typically range from about 80 to 800 cubic centimeters (CCs), and also differ according to their diameter and height. At North Texas Breast & Plastic Surgery in Denton, TX, Dr. Bruce Hermann uses the advanced BodyLogic® system to help patients choose their ideal breast implant size, shape, and profile and preview how they will look before surgery. Our team will work with you throughout the treatment process to help you achieve the most natural-looking results possible.
Dr. Hermann uses BodyLogic, an innovative imaging system that allows women to preview a variety of breast implant sizes and shapes.
0There is a wide range of breast implant sizes available. However, the most common sizes range from 220 to 800 CCs. When it comes to choosing the most appropriate breast implant size, there are several factors to consider:
- Body type: It is important to choose a breast implant size that accentuates your frame. For example, smaller women should generally avoid large implants. Not only would this make the body as a whole seem disproportionate, but it could also lead to rippling if there is not enough natural breast tissue to accommodate the implants.
- Body shape: Your natural body shape is also a factor when considering breast implant sizes. A woman with a larger build can carry bigger implants more easily. In contrast, a lean woman may experience neck, back, or shoulder pain if she chooses large implants. For these reasons, medium implants are typically more appropriate for women with a smaller frame.
- Future pregnancy: Although breast augmentation does not typically affect a woman’s ability to breastfeed, many women decide to undergo the procedure after they complete their family. This is because the breasts often expand a few sizes during pregnancy, then return to normal or even lose some original volume after breastfeeding is complete. For this reason, desired breast implant size may be determined more easily once a woman has no plans for future pregnancy.
A simple way to begin choosing implants is to decide on an ideal cup size. Roughly 150 to 200 CCs will increase the size of your breasts one cup size.
Visualizing Your Results with BodyLogic
Dr. Hermann uses BodyLogic, an innovative imaging system that allows women to preview a variety of breast implant sizes and shapes before breast surgery is performed. Using a wide range of interactive technologies, he can measure your bust and plan your breast augmentation procedure with incredible accuracy. This revolutionary system can take the guesswork out of treatment specifics and provide patients with excellent results.
Limitations of Large Breast Implants
Implants that are over 400 CCs are considered large in size and present a few limitations. For example, large breast implants:
- Carry a much greater risk of implant displacement
- Are more prone to sagging
- Can limit physical activities, such as exercise
However, it is important to understand that your treatment plan will be designed according to your personal desires and body type. If you are tall with a wider-than-average chest circumference, then larger implants may be beneficial. Conversely, if your aesthetic goal is large breasts, then we can work with you to achieve the look you want. During a consultation at our practice, Dr. Hermann can review a number of different options with you the best size.
Start Designing Your Treatment Plan
If you would like more information on breast augmentation or breast implant sizes, schedule a consultation at our practice. Dr. Hermann and our team can help you achieve the fuller, perkier figure you desire. Contact us online or give us a call at (940) 387-4900. You can also learn more about treatment by reviewing our breast augmentation FAQ.