Revision Breast Surgery Can Improve the Shape of Your Bustline
The results of breast augmentation can change over time, leaving some patients dissatisfied and wishing to improve the appearance of their bustline once again. With revision breast surgery, Dr. Bruce Hermann can help patients unhappy with the results of a past or recent breast surgery improve their figure and boost their confidence. Whether you require simple modifications or complex reconstruction, Dr. Hermann has the training and experience to satisfy a wide range of patient requirements. Dr. Hermann is fellowship-trained in both cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery and offers revision breast surgery at North Texas Breast and Plastic Surgery Center in Denton, TX, to help patients achieve their aesthetic goals.
Are You a Candidate?
Women may choose revision breast surgery for a variety of reasons. Generally, you may be a good candidate for this procedure if you are in good overall health and you are not pregnant or breastfeeding. Candidates for revision breast surgery can also be those who:
- Want to change the type of implant or increase or decrease the size of their implants
- Have experienced extreme weight fluctuations due to pregnancy or aging that have caused the shape of their breasts to change
- Are unhappy with a recent or past breast enhancement or breast reconstruction procedure
- Are experiencing surgical complications
Common Surgical Complications
Surgical complications after breast surgery can occur for any number of reasons and are often attributed to bad implants, scar tissue, poor implant placement, or unrelated health problems. Complications can also occur as the result of an unqualified surgeon performing the procedure. Common complications that Dr. Hermann can correct include:
- Implant Shifting: Over time, implants can wrinkle and change in shape as a result of age, weight fluctuation, or bad implants and cause an asymmetrical bustline. During the revision surgery, Dr. Hermann can reposition or replace the implants with a newer, modified version. At our state-of-the-art facility, we are proud to offer the BodyLogic™ System, which allows us to provide more precise results.
- Implant Rupture: If the outer shell of your implant begins to leak, it can completely deflate or cause pain and other health complications. Dr. Hermann can remove the faulty and replace the implant and treat any infection.
- Capsular Contracture: This condition occurs when the breast tissue surrounding the implant thickens or hardens, causing dysmorphia and increased pain. During breast revision surgery, Dr. Hermann can remove the built up scar tissue and replace the implant.
- Lopsided Breasts: Although implants can cause this effect, this can also occur in natural breast tissue for patients who have undergone a breast reduction or breast lift procedure. Dr. Hermann can reposition the breast tissue to help you achieve a more symmetrical bustline.
What to Expect during the Procedure
During your initial consultation, Dr. Hermann will perform a thorough physical examination, carefully reviewing the results of your previous breast surgery. When planning your revision procedure, he will take into consideration your current health, past medical procedures, and cosmetic goals. He is passionate about providing patients with unparalleled quality of care and satisfying results.
Whether you require simple modifications or complex reconstruction, Dr. Hermann has the training and experience to satisfy a wide range of patient requirements.
Dr. Hermann can perform revision breast surgery for patients who have undergone breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast lift, or breast reconstruction. He will carefully review all the available options to help you achieve your goals. Once a customized treatment plan has been established, your surgery can be scheduled. Before the procedure, you will be placed under general anesthesia to ensure your total comfort. After surgery, you will be required to stay in our surgical facility for two to three days so Dr. Hermann can carefully monitor your recovery.
Are You Unhappy with Your Breast Surgery Results?
If you are dissatisfied with your breast surgery results, we can help restore your figure and confidence with revision breast surgery at North Texas Breast and Plastic Surgery Center. To schedule your consultation with Dr. Hermann, contact our office online or call (940) 387-4900.