Breast Implant Profiles: Choosing a Look That Is Right for You
Women who desire fuller, more voluptuous breasts can benefit from a breast augmentation procedure at our Denton, TX, plastic surgery practice. This treatment is fully customized to deliver personalized results. Along with choosing the size and shape of your breast implants, you can choose an implant profile, which determines the degree to which your implants project from your body. During your initial consultation, Dr. Bruce Hermann will use his advanced BodyLogic® imaging system to deliver a virtual preview of what your breast implant profile will look like prior to surgery.
Advances in the field allow surgeons and patients to work together, choosing a custom implant profile that will offer the desired cleavage and projection.
Types of Breast Implant Profiles
In the past, breast implants came with a standard, predetermined projection based on the implant size chosen. Advances in the field of breast augmentation now allow surgeons and patients to work together to choose a custom implant profile that will offer the desired cleavage and projection.
Low Profile Breast Implants
Offering the least forward projection, low profile breast implants are usually beneficial for women with a wider frame. Low profile implants:
- Offer prominent cleavage compared to high profile breast implants
- Are the widest option available
- Deliver a more slight, natural-looking change
- Are incredibly effective for increasing the volume of the breasts
Moderate Profile Breast Implants
Moderate profile breast implants were previously the standard option before alternative projection types were introduced. These implants are known for adding sufficient fullness and volume. Moderate profile implants:
- Are wider and thinner than high profile breast implants, but narrower and thicker than their low profile counterparts
- Offer a good balance of cleavage and breast volume
- Present a compromise between width spanning the chest and projection of the breast from the chest wall
Moderate Plus Profile Breast Implants
Moderate plus profile breast implants are another option offered by Mentor® implants. Women who desire a bit more enhancement without the extra projection of a high profile implant can benefit from this option. Moderate plus profile implants:
- Are a half step between moderate and high profile breast implants
- Focus on creating roundness and additional volume in the breasts
- Have a wider base compared to high profile implants, which could deliver a more natural look for certain patients
- Are an excellent choice for women desiring a larger breast size as well as additional cleavage and perkiness
High Profile Breast Implants
Offering the greatest forward projection, high profile breast implants are often used for women with a smaller chest diameter. High profile implants:
- Take up minimal width on the chest, making them an excellent option for small-framed women
- Are rounder and thicker than their low profile counterparts, but have a narrower base
- Usually deliver the most dramatic results compared to any other breast implant profile
- Focus more on the volume of the breasts, but can still increase cleavage depending on the amount of natural breast tissue available
Visualizing Your Results
With so many breast implant shapes, sizes, and profiles available, it can be challenging when choosing an option that is right for you. Fortunately, Dr. Hermann uses the innovative BodyLogic system, which uses a number of interactive tools to measure the natural breasts and plan your breast augmentation with amazing accuracy. This revolutionary system allows patients to preview what their new breasts will look like before the surgery even begins.
Contact North Texas Breast & Plastic Surgery
If you are considering breast augmentation, there are several things to consider before your procedure. During a consultation at our practice, Dr. Hermann can help you determine which breast implant profile, size, and shape will be most appropriate for your body type. To learn more, contact us online or call us at (940) 387-4900. Patients can also review our breast augmentation FAQ for more information.