Achieve Slim and Toned Upper Legs with a Thigh Lift
A thigh lift performed by Dr. Bruce Hermann at North Texas Breast and Plastic Surgery Center in Denton, TX, can refine your body contours and help you achieve the curves you have always desired. Excess fat and saggy skin on the upper thighs can make you appear heavier, older, and cause difficulty finding clothes that properly fit. Even with proper diet and exercise, thighs are often problematic areas for many patients. During a thigh lift, Dr. Hermann can remove excess skin and fat tissue—often in combination with liposuction—to create sleeker and more attractive upper legs.
What is a Thigh Lift?
A thigh lift—also known as a thighplasty—can remove stubborn cellulite, excess fat tissue, and lax skin that have failed to respond to routine diet and exercise. This procedure is often chosen by patients who have achieved dramatic weight loss but who are struggling with remaining saggy skin. Dr. Hermann offers a variety of surgical techniques for customizing the thigh lift surgery for every patient. During your consultation, he can perform a detailed evaluation to determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure, taking into consideration your problem areas and overall health goals. If you are looking to achieve more dramatic results, you can ask Dr. Hermann about combining other body contouring procedures with your thigh lift during your consultation.
Are You a Candidate?
Good candidates for a thigh lift include patients who:
- Are in good overall health committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Are at a healthy, stable weight
- Have excess skin and fat on the upper legs
- Do not smoke or use tobacco products
- Do not drink heavily
- Have realistic expectations
If you are a good candidate for the procedure, Dr. Hermann can create a personalized treatment plan and address any questions or concerns you may have. Additionally, he can review any pre- or post-surgical instructions with you to ensure a smooth recovery.
A thigh lift—also known as a thighplasty—can remove stubborn cellulite, excess fat tissue, and lax skin that have failed to respond to routine diet and exercise.
The Thigh Lift Procedure
On the day of your surgery, Dr. Hermann will administer general anesthesia to ensure your comfort throughout the entire procedure. The length of the surgery will depend on any additional body contouring procedures being combined with your thigh lift, such as a tummy tuck or arm lift. At North Texas Breast and Plastic Surgery Center, we can perform your thigh lift using a number of surgical techniques, including:
- Inner Thigh Lift: This technique involves removing excess skin and fat from the inner thighs. Dr. Hermann can make discreet incisions in the natural crease of the upper leg (bikini line) to ensure scars are easily concealed. Once fat tissue is removed, he can carefully trim and re-drape the remaining skin to create a smooth contour.
- Mini Thigh Lift: This less invasive technique is recommended for patients experiencing saggy tissue in the upper third of the thigh. Very short incisions are made in the groin area so Dr. Hermann can trim and tighten excess skin.
- Bilateral Thigh Lift: This technique focuses on removing excess skin and fat tissue on the front and outer thigh. A “V” shaped incision will be made at the base of the bikini line and if necessary, wrap around the hip and lower buttocks to achieve optimal results. Dr. Hermann can carefully remove and reposition excess tissue while tightening remaining skin.
- Medial Thigh Lift: Similar to an inner thigh lift, this technique focuses on removing excess skin and fat from the upper inner thigh. Incisions can be made in the groin area, extend to the hip, and, if necessary, down the upper thigh. Dr. Hermann can carefully remove and reposition unwanted tissue to create slimmer inner thighs and more contoured hips.
What to Expect during Recovery
After surgery, Dr. Hermann will close the incisions and apply the necessary bandages and compression garments. In some cases, patients may need to stay overnight so Dr. Hermann can monitor their recovery and prevent any complications. Once released, we recommend following your post-surgical instructions carefully and resting as much as possible to ensure you achieve a smooth recovery and optimal results.
Approximately seven to 10 days after the procedure, Dr. Hermann will remove the sutures. As swelling and bruising subsides, you should begin to enjoy your results. Most patients can return to normal activity around week two and expect a full recovery four to six weeks after surgery.
Achieve Beautifully Contoured Thighs
If you are interested in learning how a thigh lift can benefit you, contact our office online or call (940) 387-4900 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Hermann. As a board-certified plastic surgeon with many years of experience, he can create a treatment plan to help you achieve your cosmetic goals.