Minimally Invasive Contouring with BodyTite
Patients who want to experience dramatic body contouring results without undergoing major surgery are often ideal candidates for BodyTite. The minimally invasive procedure uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to reduce excess fat while also tightening sagging skin. Dr. Bruce Hermann offers BodyTite for patients in and around Lewisville and Denton, TX. Since our foundation in 2010, North Texas Breast & Plastic Surgery Center has developed a reputation for providing patients with attractive plastic surgery results and exemplary standards of care.
What Are the Benefits of BodyTite?
BodyTite delivers significant cosmetic results without the need for invasive body contouring surgeries, such as a tummy tuck. Patients who undergo this straightforward procedure at our practice, and under the skilled hands of Dr. Hermann, can enjoy several benefits:
- Predictable results: BodyTite technology includes controls that maintain consistent heating so treatments are predictable and the risk of over- or under-treatment is negligible.
- Customized treatment: Directional radio-frequency technology adjusts treatments depending on the depth of the tissue and fat layer.
- Less post-operative discomfort: Compared to traditional liposuction or tummy tuck procedures, BodyTite fat reduction results in less post-operative pain and discomfort. Recovery time is shorter and there are fewer side effects when compared to other cosmetic surgeries.
- Short procedure time: BodyTite procedures can be completed in as little as 15 minutes and there is minimal scarring associated with this treatment.
- Versatile applications: BodyTite can treat fat that is up to two inches below the skin.
- Improved collagen production: The radio-frequency heat boosts collagen production, which leads to skin tightening and reduced sagging.
Dr. Hermann, who was educated in the most advanced techniques for cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery, performs all surgeries from start to finish. He will spend ample time with you answering your questions, and will help ensure that you have a healthy and comfortable recovery.
Am I a Good Candidate for BodyTite?
Candidates for BodyTite have sagging skin or stubborn areas of deep fat that they wish to address. Common treatment areas include the hips, thighs, arms, buttocks, knees, and abdomen.
Candidates for BodyTite often:
- Have experienced frustration with specific parts of their body: Just as we experience uneven weight gain across our body, our effort to lose weight can lead to uneven results. Many of our patients exercise and diet but still exhibit stubborn patches of fat in certain areas of their body, such as the arms and abdomen. BodyTite technology allows Dr. Hermann to target these stubborn areas with precision.
- Want to address skin laxity: There are many factors that cause skin laxity. Often these factors, such as weight loss, aging, and childbirth, are unavoidable. Candidates who undergo BodyTite treatment can regain firmer, more youthful-looking skin.
- Are undergoing multiple cosmetic treatments: BodyTite is often performed in conjunction with liposuction or another type of cosmetic procedure. Dr. Hermann may recommend liposuction if you require large amounts of fat to be removed. BodyTite can complement liposuction treatments by addressing smaller areas of the body. By using this unique treatment combination, you can benefit from a faster recovery.
- Have realistic and specific cosmetic goals: BodyTite will not deliver the same drastic results as a tummy tuck or breast lift. Ideal candidates for BodyTite treatment have a clear understanding of which area of their body they wish to address. The treatment site should have relatively small levels of skin laxity and body fat deposits that can be effectively addressed using BodyTite treatment.
Candidates for BodyTite should not:
- Be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have an autoimmune or skin disease
- Have an infection
- Have allergies to local anesthetics
Candidates should have realistic expectations about the cosmetic outcomes BodyTite can deliver. If you have significant amounts of excess skin, for example, you may be a better candidate for a tummy tuck or another cosmetic surgery. During your consultation, Dr. Hermann will discuss your concerns, goals, and medical history to determine if you are in good overall health and a good candidate.
How Is the Treatment Performed?
Your BodyTite procedure will begin at our medical facility with the administration of sedation and a local anesthetic. Dr. Hermann will make very small incisions that will be used to insert a cannula (a thin tube used for suction). The cannula and directional RF work together to heat and remove fat. The device delivers radiofrequency-assisted liposuction (RFAL) into the treatment area. The outpatient procedure can be completed in about 15 minutes.
In the first few days after treatment, you may feel tender or sore, especially near the treatment area. Dr. Hermann will provide you with detailed recovery guidelines that will contain instructions that help ensure you are as comfortable as possible during your recovery. The recovery time following the BodyTite procedure will vary depending on the size and number of treated areas.
With BodyTite, patients now have a minimally invasive contouring option that requires no large incisions or lengthy recovery times.
Typically, patients are asked to rest for one to two days. Certain treatment areas may require longer periods of rest. Most patients will begin to feel normal again after a few days. Most of our patients report seeing the most noticeable results a few months after treatment but can expect to see further effects up to 12 months after treatment.
Are There Any Risks?
As with any surgical cosmetic treatment, BodyTite has the potential for side effects and complications. Dr. Hermann is a leading practitioner of this cosmetic procedure and trained under world-renowned cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgeon Dennis C. Hammond at the Center for Breast and Body Contouring in Grand Rapids, Michigan. While rare, patients may experience lumps near the treatment area that will dissipate within a few weeks. Minor swelling and bruising, which can be addressed with pain medication, are not uncommon. Dr. Hermann has a reputation for following patients closely through recovery.
Are There Other Treatment Options?
One alternative to BodyTite is traditional liposuction. Both procedures loosen fat before removing fat deposits with a cannula. However, there are important differences to consider. Traditional liposuction is not intended to tighten skin. BodyTite directly addresses loose skin by heating the skin. This results in noticeably tighter skin and higher levels of collagen. Liposuction can remove large amounts of fat deposits. If you have questions about which procedure can best address your aesthetic goals, Dr. Hermann can discuss both options in depth during your consultation.
Remove Unwanted Fat with BodyTite
If you are tired of sagging skin and unwanted pockets of fat, BodyTite technology may be an effective solution for you. With BodyTite, our patients now have a minimally invasive procedure that can surgically remove fat without large incisions or lengthy recovery times. If you are ready to schedule a consultation with Dr. Hermann, call (940) 703-6504 or send our office a message. We offer flexible financing plans so every patient can achieve the figure they desire.
"Dr. Hermann is one of the finest plastic surgeons in the city of Denton. Dr. Hermann recently removed my breast implants and gave me a beautiful lift."Kathy